Car accidents can happen anywhere. Especially where you least expect it. Parking lots, driveways, parking garages, and drive-thrus are well-known for accident scenes. Even your own living room. On Wednesday, August 21st, an accident involving two cars ended up crashing into a Miami Gardens home. One of the drivers was air lifted to a [..]
Justice for Pharmacy Negligence Victims in South Florida
Families across South Florida depend on prescription medications to treat illnesses and reduce pain. Properly prescribed and dispensed medications can cure diseases, alleviate symptoms, and save lives. However, when pharmacists make an error in administering drugs, the consequences can be absolutely devastating.
Have you or a loved one suffered harm or lost their life because of a pharmacy error? You may be feeling angry, confused, and unsure of whom to turn to. For guidance through this traumatic time, it’s advisable to seek assistance from a South Florida pharmacy negligence attorney.
An experienced pharmacy malpractice lawyer can help you navigate the legal side of things while you focus on you and your family’s recovery. With the help of a top South Florida pharmacy error lawyer, you may be able to obtain compensation for medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, and more.
To seek justice after enduring the painful consequences of pharmaceutical error, get in touch with The Injury Law Firm of South Florida. We provide free consultations for victims of pharmacy errors and their family and work on a contingency basis – meaning you don’t pay us a cent until we recover compensation.
What Qualifies as Pharmacy Negligence in South Florida?
Sometimes referred to as pharmacy malpractice or pharmacy error, pharmacy negligence can take many forms. Some of the most common examples of pharmacy negligence we’ve seen include:
- Dispensing the incorrect drug. Even highly trained pharmacists can negligently supply a medication other than that which was prescribed by the doctor or requested by the patient. A pharmacist could be held negligent if he or she gave you the wrong medication or added or substituted an incorrect ingredient into the compound of your medication.
- Under- or overdosing. If your pharmacist provides you with a higher dose than you are prescribed, this could result in a harmful, potentially fatal overdose. Similarly, providing too small a dosage of a medication you really need could result in subtler, but equally grave consequences.
- If your pharmacist labels a certain prescription incorrectly, he or she could end up providing you with a drug intended for another individual. The consequences of receiving the wrong medication instead of the one you need can be very serious.
- Failure to warn. A pharmacist is responsible for reasonably warning you about dangers associated with certain types of prescriptions they dispense to you. If your pharmacist neglects to warn you of known hazards connected with your medication, he or she may be held liable for pharmaceutical malpractice.
- Failure to check medical history. Pharmacists are responsible for checking the medical history of patients before filing a prescription. If he or she fails to flag a medication you are allergic to, your health and life may be placed in danger.
These are only some examples of the many situations that could constitute pharmaceutical negligence in South Florida. If you believe you have been a victim of pharmacy malpractice, talk to an attorney to learn more about your options for protecting your rights.
What You Need to Know about Pharmaceutical Malpractice Cases in Florida
After suffering a loss due to pharmacy malpractice, filing a lawsuit may not be your first instinct. You may be struggling with pain and trying to recover, or focused on helping a loved one recover. You may be shaken, and be bogged down with medical appointments and sky-high medical bills trying to undo the damage done. However, this is why seeking legal help is so important.
By filing a lawsuit and holding pharmaceutical companies accountable for their negligence, you can help prevent similar accidents from occurring in the future. Every year, more than 1.3 million people are injured and hundreds of thousands of people die because of medication errors. Such errors often go unreported, in part because they can go undetected for many months.
In addition to helping prevent this grave problem threatening Americans, filing a lawsuit can help you and your family on the road to recovery. Depending on your circumstances, you may be able to obtain compensation for medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment in life, diminished earning capacity, and more. Although nothing can make up for the pain and grief you and your family have suffered, receiving compensation can liberate you from the additional stress caused by financial worries, and put all your effort into what’s really important: moving forward with your life.
When filing a medical malpractice lawsuit, it’s vital to act swiftly. In Florida, there is typically a two-year statute of limitations on pharmacist error claims. Note that there may be exceptions to this rule, such as if you only noticed symptoms months after the pharmacy prescribed the wrong medication.
Of course, many major pharmacies have a team of lawyers devoted to relieving them of responsibility of errors and negligence. That’s why it’s essential to enlist the aid of an experienced pharmaceutical negligence lawyer to fight for you in court and navigate the complex web of laws surrounding pharmaceutical malpractice.
Talk to a South Florida Pharmaceutical Malpractice Attorney Today
If you or someone you care about has been harmed by pharmaceutical negligence, you likely have suffered a great deal already. Do not make the situation worse by struggling with finances and legal matters on your own. Talk to an skilled personal injury lawyer with experience in medical malpractice cases. Your attorney will be an invaluable ally in helping hold negligent pharmacies accountable and obtaining the compensation you deserve.
To learn more about pharmaceutical malpractice lawsuits in South Florida, please do not hesitate to get in touch with The Injury Law Firm of South Florida. Our skilled, compassionate lawyers have years of experiencing going after pharmaceutical companies and other large businesses. We have made it our life work to help South Florida families recover and thrive after accidents and injuries – we can help you, too.
Talk to one of our top pharmacist malpractice attorneys today and find out more about how we can defend your rights and win your case during a free initial consultation.